Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dear John Quotes



"but no matter what was going on in our lives, I could imagine lying beside them in bed at the end of the day, being held while we talked and laughed, lost in each others arms"

"But I did meet him thats the thing that makes my current life so strange. I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell deeper in love with him in the years we were apart. Our story has three parts; a beginning, a middle, and an end. And although this is the way all stories unfold, I still can't believe that ours didn't go on forever."

"When his eyes met mine, I felt something click, like a key turning in a lock. Believe me, I'm no romantic, and while I've heard all about love at first sight, I've never believed in it, and I still don't. But even so, there was something there, something unrecognizably real, and I couldn't look away."

"When I think of you and me and what we shared, I know it would be easy for others to dismiss our time together as simply a by-product of the days and nights we spent by the sea, a "fling" that, in the long run, would mean absolutely nothing. Thats why I don't tell people about us. They wouldn't understand, and I don't feel the need to explain, simply becasue I know in my heart how real it was... how real this is. When I think of you I cant help smiling, knowing that you've completed me somehow. I love you, not just for now, but for always, and I dream of the day that you'll take me in your arms again"

"Here I am, getting ready to go home and worry about tests, and youre in somplace dangerous surrounded by people who want to hurt you. I just wish those people could know you like I know you, becasue then you'd be safe. Just like I feel safe when I'm in your arms."

"Our relationship, I felt with a heaviness in my chest, was beginning to feel like the spinning movement of a child's top. When we were together, we had the power to keep it spinning, and the result was beauty and magic and an almost childlike sense of wonder; when we seperated, the spinning began inevitably to slow. We became wobbly and unstable, and I knew I had to find a way to keep us from toppling over"

"As we drifted apart, I was becoming more desperate to save what we once had shared; like a vicious circle, however, my desperation made us drift apart even further.


-Nicholas Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment