Wednesday, March 2, 2011

PYRAMUS AND THISBE (SCRIPT)

SCENE 1

NARRATOR: Once upon a time the deep red berries of the mulberry tree were white as snow. The change in color came so strongly and sadly.

THISBE: Pyramus? Where are you?
SE: THUNDER
SE: LION
PYRAMUS: Thisbe? Her cloak? Thisbe!. This was my fault, if I didn’t came late, is it happened? I’m the one to blame
SE: THUNDER ----- DECODE

OPENTHECURTAIN --- TAB BLUE --- FREEZE --- 20 seconds duration --- CLOSETHECURTAIN

SCENE 2: AT MULBERRY TREE

NARRATOR: The forbidden love between the two young lovers, Pyramus & Thisbe. There was a
Selfless love and they made sure that even in death, they were together.

OPEN THE CURTAIN

NARRATOR: He the most handsome man and a childhood friend of Thisbe, and she the fairest maiden in Babylonia.

NARRATOR: Pyramus and Thisbe were neighbors. They both lived in neighboring homes and fell in love with each other as they grew up together. They longed to marry but their parents were dead against them marrying each other. Their parents were totally against their union, leaving the young lovers with no option but burn the light of love brightly in their hearts and meet surreptitiously if they can.

CLOSE THE CURTAIN

SCENE 3: AT THEIR HOUSE

OPEN THE CURTAIN

(THISBE WILL ENTER THE SCENE)

THISBE’S-FATHER: Where did you go?! How many times we’re going to forbid you, for you to realize the thing?
THISBE: Realize the thing? How can I? If I can’t even understand why I need to forget Pyramus and burn this feeling for him? Father, please? God knows how much I love him.
THISBE’S-FATHER: What? Love? Stupid! I have said it before. I don’t want Pyramus for you.
THISBE: If I could only control my heart, I would stop it from falling in love with him. But love can control? NO
THISBE’S-FATHER: Enough! My decision is final and it won’t change. Stop seeing with him!
THISBE: But Father? (crying)
THISBE’S-MOTHER: Just follow your father, its all for Good.

(FREEZE UNTIL PYRAMUS & HIS PARENTS SCENE DONE)

(PYRAMUS WILL ENTER THE SCENE)

PYRAMUS-FATHER: What you have done?! Ha! From the very beginning we already say it to you; we don’t want Thisbe for you! There are lots of ladies over there. Why her?!
PYRAMUS: Father, I love her why I need to explain
PYRAMUS-FATHER: What? That’s what you called Stupidity! Think twice, thrice if needed. Stop being fool!
PYRAMUS: Mother?
PYRAMUS-MOTHER: I’m Shame on You! You made me disappoint Son.
PYRAMUS: I’m sorry Mother, but I love her. I hope someday you will understand.

(PYRAMUS & THISBE’S-FATHER, THISBE’S & PYRAMUS MOTHER WILL LEAVE THE SCENE then)

PYRAMUS: Thisbe? Thisbe?
THISBE: Pyramus?
PYRAMUS: Thisbe is that you? Can you hear me?
THISBE: yeah I could, Pyramus! I’m dying here; I don’t know what I’m going to do after they’re forbid us but thank God you’re here.
PYRAMUS: Don’t be sad just let me your heart your not alone, me too I missing you so much but yeah in spite of everything I’m still thankful, imagine God make a way for us to communicate even through wall. I love you so much, and every time I hear your voice it gives me a reason to keep you forever.

(PYRAMUS && THISBE FREEZE UNTIL THE NARRATOR HAVE DONE READING)

NARRATOR: Over the years, the lovers could only talk through a hole in their wall because their parents refused them to see each other.

NARRATOR: Every morning, when the dawn had put out the stars, and the sun rays had tried the hoarfrost on the grass, they would steal to the crack and standing there.

NARRATOR: Finally, Pyramus got fed up with his parents and so did Thisbe. One day while whispering through a crack in the wall,

THISBE: Aw! That was sweet, how I wish I can hug you tight
PYRAMUS: haha it’s funny but yeah! It’s been years, and I wishing too. I wanna hug you and kiss you deeply thisbe. Yeah I’m thankful that were still can communicate but I wonder how long? I love you.
THISBE: Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too, lot’s of question on my mind like When do we get our freedom to be together?
PYRAMUS: Let’s elope?
THISBE: Ha?
PYRAMUS: If you will go to me, things would get better. We can leave this town and run forever. Will you go with me?
THISBE: Yes! Pyramus I will

NARRATOR: They decided to meet the next night under a mulberry tree near tomb of Ninus. They decided to elope then.

NARRATOR: So, the next night, just before the crack of dawn, while everyone was asleep, they decided to slip out of their homes and meet in the nearby fields near a mulberry tree. Thisbe reached there first, covered with a cloak.

SCENE 4: AT MULBERRY TREE

OPEN THE CURTAIN

THISBE: Pyramus? Where are you?
SE: LION
PYRAMUS: Thisbe? Thisbe! This was my fault, if I didn’t came late, is it happened? Could the lion have killed Thisbe? I’m the one to blame.

THISBE: Pyramus? Pyramus!
PYRAMUS: Thisbe? I’m glad that you’re alive, I’m sorry if I came late.
THISBE: Pyramus? What happened?
PYRAMUS: Just keep my thoughts, I love you.’
THISBE: Pyramus? Pyramusss!!! (CRYING)

THISBE: I can finally see that you're right there beside me. And I am not my own, For I have been made new, please don't let go, I desperately need you. Pyramus?!

What would I do in this world without my Pyramus? I can’t imagine myself without you, you are my life "Wait for me my love. I'm coming to you."


CLOSE THE CURTAIN

The Gods were pitiful at the end and the lover’s parent too. The deep red fruit of the mulberry is the everlasting memorial of these true lovers





FIN' - Lynlee Maglahus =)

1 comment:

  1. you should make a manga version of pyaramus and thisbe..... so will make more cooler....

    ReplyDelete